DOSE OF REALITY WEEK offers an opportunity for youth, parents, coaches, educators, the medical community, businesses, seniors, senior caregivers, law enforcement and everyone in Wisconsin to learn more about the dangers of prescription painkiller abuse and addiction, and what actions can be taken to prevent it.
Interested in hosting your own event?
The Wisconsin Department of Justice and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services encourage organizations and individuals to take action during DOSE OF REALITY WEEK, April 22-28.
Join thousands of Wisconsinites as we work together to save lives by taking action to prevent prescription painkiller abuse and addiction.
DOSE OF REALITY WEEK leads up to and includes Wisconsin’s Drug Take Back Day, which will take place on Saturday, April 28th. However, there are additional actions organizations and individuals can take to help raise awareness and save lives.
Ideas on how Organizations/businesses/schools/faith communities can participate in DOSE OF REALITY WEEK:
- Hold an awareness event – bring in a physician, law enforcement, counselor for a panel discussion (other ideas and Outreach kits can be found here.)
- Host a screening of WisconsinEye’s opioid documentary: “Straight Forward: The Truth About Addiction”
- Print, distribute, post DOSE OF REALITY education and awareness materials available at no charge via the online ordering portal.
- Look into hosting a Drug Take Back event by reaching out to your local police department – to find the nearest, visit the Drug Take Back locator map.
- List your event by filling out the DOSE OF REALITY WEEK Event form below.
Ideas on how Individuals can participate in DOSE OF REALITY WEEK:
- Take the pledge to save lives by not sharing prescription painkillers.
- Ask for non-opioid and non-narcotic pain medications from their doctor instead of opioids or narcotic painkillers
- Learn about the risks and Get the Facts about opioids
- Safely store your medications by locking them up and/or putting them out of reach of others, especially children
- Attend DOSE OF REALITY WEEK event(s) in your area. View Events
- Watch WisconsinEye’s opioid documentary Straight Forward: The Truth About Addiction
- Properly and safely dispose of your unwanted and unused medications by participating in Drug Take Back Day April 28th. To find a location nearest you, click here.
To promote your DOSE OF REALITY WEEK event:
Materials to promote the DOSE OF REALITY WEEK event are available via the Dose of reality online ordering portal.
- Use the DOSE OF REALITY WEEK logo on your promotions, via social media
- Use the DOSE OF REALITY WEEK event poster and fill it out with your event information
Register your DOSE OF REALITY WEEK event below!
Please complete the form below. Once we review your information, we’ll post it under the list of official DOSE OF REALITY WEEK events.